Saturday 28 May 2011

More veggie space!!!!!

I'm so excited! We finally got rid of the rubbish and cleaned up the area next to our large water tank that I had been eyeing off to use as more garden space. There are agapantha plants that still need to be removed, but this is a small job as they have only been there for eighteen months. Once it is all clear I will be adding a lot of compost that is ready from my compost bin, and I will buy in manure to add as well.
The area has 6-7 hours of sunlight in summer and less in winter, so I will choose my veggies well that will grow here. The first plantings to go in will be cabbages, and Asian greens. Can't wait to get stuck into it tomorrow. Oh by the way, no I haven't killed off my front grass yet- it's a big decision after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment