Friday 24 June 2011

orange tree update

The other day I posted about my oranges being eaten by what I thought to be a possum. Gooseberry Jam put the idea in my head about netting them, so I have. The day after my first post about them the culprit hit again, and I found two more oranges on the ground the next morning. So enough is enough.

Also, as requested, here is a copy of my muffin recipe for Phoebe. It's not the lightest recipe, but the kids like it. Just make sure if you are putting in the strawberries and ricotta that you add plenty in each muffin. In the meantime if anyone else has a really light muffin recipe, I would really love a copy......
100g butter
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups S.R. Flour
100ml milk.

Cream the butter and sugar
Add vanilla and egg
Add flour and milk alternatively
Makes 6 large muffins
180 degrees celcius until just starting to brown

2 comments:

  1. You have such a laden orange tree! Does the netting help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs Bok, I inspected the trees this morning and unfortunately the monster orange thief is still getting through to them. I have made some adjustments so hopefully this will help. As you would appreciate, it is most frustrating.

    ReplyDelete